The Med vegetables part of this dish was first borne out of a desperate visit to the fridge when I thought I didn’t have much in. It’s now a staple of my weekly menu. So tasty, with so little prep – just a few minutes to chop everything up.
- Courgettes, chopped
- fresh tomatoes,
- garlic cloves unpeeled
- red peppers
- free range chicken breasts
- goats cheese
- salad leaves
- Chop all the veg and throw into a roasting dish. Drizzle with coconut oil, olive oil or rice bran oil. Scatter three or four whole cloves of garlic on top, season with salt and pepper. Place into oven to roast for about 20 minutes.
- Season the chicken. Pan fry in tablespoon of coconut oil for a couple of minutes each side, then put into the oven to finish off for around 20 minutes, depending on size. Test by inserting a skewer into the meat and see if the juice run clear.
- Place salad in bowl, crumble little goats cheese on top, brush asparagus with a little butter and griddle. Add to salad and toss so the warm asparagus melts the cheese. Dress with olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Eat and make mmmm…. noises!