Tried this for the first time tonight and it was lush and easy peasy to cook, just a series of steps to follow. Nothing technical. Took abut 25 minutes start to finish.
- Heat tablespoon of oil (I used Rice Bran oil – high in Vit E Got it from Tesco, but Asda sell it too. Vegetable oil or coconut oil will do too.
- Add quarter tsp of mustard seeds Once they start to pop – and these buggers go so have a tea towel at the ready to cover the pan! – add pinch of fenugreek and 10 curry leaves. Stir for a minute
- Add chopped onion and cook for about 10 minutes til golden
- Add spices – 1/4 tsp of turmeric, chilli powder and 1 tsp of powdered coriander. Stir fry for two mins, medium heat
- Add three chopped toms and some raw sea salt to taste and stir fry for about 2 mins
- Add three tablespoons of tamarind ( I just used the paste dissolved in 200 mls of water) bring to boil slowly. But you can use the block and follow the instructions.
- Add salmon fillet, skin off, chopped into chunks and simmer on low heat until almost cooked. (about 5mins)
- Add 200 mls of coconut milk and simmer over low heat for two mins
- Serve immediately with brown rice or quinoa. Sprinkle fresh chilli over the top if you like it spicy.
- Make mmmmmm noises while eating!